by Chef Steven LaCount
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 leeks, washed and cut up (no greens)
- 1/2 Spanish onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 pound butter
- 4 quarts chicken stock
- 3/4 pound sunchokes (also known as Jerusalem artichokes), peeled and chopped
- Melt the butter.
- Add onions & leeks, cook until translucent.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook until soft.
- Blend, but be careful not to overblend.
- Strain, hold as a base and reheat.
- Add hot light cream to thin.
- Season with salt and white pepper.