Orecchiette with Apples and Seared Foie Gras
by Chef David Daniels
- 1 pound orcchiette
- 4 ounces grade B foie gras, diced
- 2 medium green apples, diced
- 8 ounces apple cider
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 pound baby arugula
- 4 ounces softened butter
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, add the diced apples and foie gras to a heavy bottomed sauce pan on medium heat and season with salt and pepper. Sear the apples and foie gras on one side and continue to cook until the foie gras is medium rare.
- Add the orcchiette and deglaze the pan with the apple cider. Bring the sauce to a boil and toss with the pasta.
- Turn the burner off and add the softened butter. Toss together until the butter is completely melted.
- Right before serving, add the arugula and walnuts.
Additional Notes on this Recipe
Duck breast or Italian sausage can be substituted for the foie gras if desired.