by Chef Carolyn Johnson
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/4 pound baby arugula
- 1/4 cup picked tarragon leaves
- 2 scallions
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 anchovy fillet, minced
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- salt and pepper
For the vinaigrette
- Finely chop the white portion of the scallions and put them in a bowl with the mustard, anchovy and sherry vinegar. Slowly whisk in the 1/2 cup of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For the asparagus
- Snap the bottom portion of the stems off of the asparagus. Drizzle with the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. On a hot grill, cook the asparagus for three to five minutes, or until lightly charred and just tender.
- Thinly slice the green portion of the scallions and toss together with the tarragon leaves, arugula and the vinaigrette.
- Place the grilled asparagus on a platter, top with the salad and garnish with the walnuts.