by Chef Andrew Yeo
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup lima beans
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup bacon, chopped
- 1/2 bottle white wine
- 1 quart cream
- 4 sprigs thyme, chopped
- Tabasco, salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, render the bacon until a fond forms on the bottom of the pan. Add the onions and red pepper, and sweat until the onions are translucent and the peppers are just softened.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and reduce until the pan is almost dry.
- Add the cream, beans and corn. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the thyme leaves to the succotash and season to taste with Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper.